Just last night I realised that it has been just over a month since I started blogging and I must say, I am having a blast!
I had tried starting a blog before in which I had only written one post and I had abandoned it soon after that said post.
However, I don’t think I could have chosen a better time to start his blog. I feel like I have so much to share, plus an extra hobby never hurt anyone. So starting Lady Turned Madame felt great, but I didn’t have any expectations. I wasn’t sure anyone would read it, let alone like it! Needless to say, when I got a notification yesterday from Tricia, nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award, I was not only taken by surprise, but just downright stunned.
Tricia runs the deliciously awesome blog, Sometimes I Cook. Well let me tell you, this is yummy stuff right here, and apart from that she makes it all look so easy! I must say, I have a list of her recipes to try out myself, starting with her chocolate cheesecake mousse with raspberries! Although I love her recipes, her title says it all: Sometimes I Cook. When she is not cooking she is sharing some great projects, and you know I love myself some DIY! In between all that great stuff she just shares some awesome stuff with her readers, and I totally adore seeing what’s next to come from her. Tricia, thank you again for the nomination, if all else fails, at least I know I got one person who truly enjoys my blog.
So here it is:
So now I pass on the baton, so to speak. Here is my list of 15 favourite blogs, I think I don’t need to mention that Sometimes I Cook, would be on my list, but I suppose that the point is to keep the ball rolling, otherwise I would have a 16 point list, for sure! Some of these I have followed since day one, others I have only recently followed, some are silly others are less so. Either way, these 15 blogs are the ones which I love reading, day in and day out, so thank you all for your contribution to the blogosphere!
- How Far From Home
- Adventures with Mr. C
- How to Get Things Done in 10 Ways
- Ordinary Adventures
- Wife, Me and Tea
- Le Poisson Nage
- The Long Distance Relationship Blog
- Life Already in Progress
- Rupert Approves
- The 9 to 5 Wanderer
- Sincerely, Hil
- My Name is Not Katie
- Mrs KPM
- Untidy Grace
- Colour Me Copper
There they are. Be sure to check them out if you find yourself looking for some new great blogs to follow.
So here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the person that has nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Nominate 15 blogs of your choice
- Link your nominees, and let them know about your nomination
- Share 7 different facts about yourself
My 7 Facts
- Family comes first to me. Always. Also, I got married this year, 3 months shy of my 24th birthday.
- I am not a morning person. I struggle to get up and going in the morning and it really is something that I am trying to work on.
- Despite being Portuguese, I was born in Mozambique and lived there most of my life until I moved to South Africa when I was 17. In fact, I have never actually lived in Portugal.
- When I turned 18 I got a tattoo of a crescent moon and 3 stars on my ankle, which I have been seriously considering having removed for almost a year now. I just don’t think it’s for me.
- I am absolutely nuts about Christmas!
- After four years of attending university and being completely indecisive about what I liked and wanted to do, I am now finally studying something I enjoy, Communication Science, and doing quite well in it, if I might say so myself (let me not jinx myself 2 weeks before exams!)
- I think sheep and penguins are probably the two coolest animals ever (behind my two pups of course!). Not too sure why.
That’s all for now! If you have any questions about my facts, or any others really, feel free to ask them!